Infrared
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Links

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 15 on 11/07/13, 01:19 am

Dynamis Bastok -- 11/13/09

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dalamarthedark
Admin
Dalamarthedark

Dynamis Bastok -- 11/13/09 Empty
PostSubject: Dynamis Bastok -- 11/13/09   Dynamis Bastok -- 11/13/09 Empty15/11/09, 05:48 am

Just a warning, this ended up being a very long post. >.> In the future, I'll get Katas or Jessi to make us a Dyna section w/ some sub-sections. One for drops and one for loot.

First of all, thank you guys for the patience. I had a blast, I really did, and I'm definitely looking forward to it next week.

Honestly, this is the first time I've ever really paid attention to Dynamis. I'm still learning the best routes for us, and which statues pop which mobs, where the timers are, etc., so bear w/ me on some of the ugly pulls, it'll get better as we go. I thought we did much better this run, we just didn't get as lucky w/ the 100 drop.

Personal thoughts on the run:

I think having Sons as the 2nd blm really helped, along w/ having Jessi as Whm. Having Sons let us time nuke some statues that made the pulls much easier, and really freed us up to help out much more w/ crowd control. As long as we have 2 blm's, I'm positive we can avoid that first wipe that's happened to us both runs.

Also, Jessi did a great job w/ Whm (as expected from her Very Happy ) and allowed Rift to come Sam for the much needed DD. Waste said he'll be there next friday on warrior, which will only help out more.

I mainly just wanted to write out EVERYTHING, so that everyone can see what was sold and for how much:

Drops:

Byne Bills x 43 -- bazaar'd @ 8.5k ea = 365,500
Wootz Ore x 2 -- AH'd @ 146k = 292k - 3k (AH Tax) = 289k
??? 3-4 pieces of relic armor, I forget, I'll keep track better and keep more organized posts going forward.

Gear I know that dropped:

Dynamis Bastok -- 11/13/09 AssassinsVest
Forgot

Dynamis Bastok -- 11/13/09 Mirage_Shalwar
Kissanth

Dynamis Bastok -- 11/13/09 WyrmBrais
Swg

Total -- 654,500 - 500k (glass cost) = 154,500 profit

Attendance:

11 people total I believe (not including tay's 2 mules). I forgot to take a SS, so if I left anyone off, I'm sorry and pls let me know. Once again, I plan on keeping much better records going forward.

List of people I remembered:

Dala
Rift - Paid
Sons
Jessi
Boosh - Paid
Mini - Paid
Rhial
Swg - Paid
Tay - Paid
Doc - Paid
Khis - Paid

Total Payout -- 154,500/11 = 14,045g ea.

I'm not sure if Sons is ever coming back to the game full-time or if he wants to be included in the cut, but until he tells me otherwise, I'm including him.

A couple of questions:

1. I wanted to ask you guys how you wanted to handle runs like this. Runs where we don't get a 100 drop, or a whole lot of wootz. I don't care either way, just let me know.

Options:

a) Pay everyone out each week, regardless of the amount.

b) Hold on to the extra gil and pool the small runs together to have one larger payout.

--Option B is a little more work for me, and it brings the dreaded "Bank" into the equation. I don't mind doing it, as I'll be posting all drops/gil/payouts on here, but I'd like your opinions on this please.

2. Where do you guys want to go with this?

-- Personally, I'm enjoying doing it w/ our group of friends. Keeping it small makes it fun for me, as well as not having to deal w/ the inevitable dumbass that we bring in doing stupid shit. With that being said, I think I could also take enjoyment in starting something and seeing it grow into something bigger. The only problem I see w/ the way we're doing it now is that we're very dependent on EVERYONE showing up. If more than one or two people miss, it pretty much means we're not going to be able to go.
--A few options I see to this:
1. Keep it exactly as it is, have fun, try and make a little loot if we get lucky.
2. Try to add a few more jobs, maybe something like adding a party setup to our group. ( a mage, couple of DD, and a support)
3. Making mass additions to the group, like adding the people from the sky shell and people we run into.

--My vote: I really don't like option 3, but it's probably the best way for you guys to get gear if you're really wanting/needing it. If that's the vote, I'm all for it. I'm pretty sure I can get people to follow orders w/out too many problems.
If I had to pick one, it would probably be somewhere between options 1 and 2. Like I said, I'm enjoying the way it is, I like the low-man aspect to this game. But I think we could really use a thief and maybe one or two more players so we're not so dependent on EVERYONE showing up.

Plans for future Dynamis runs:

I want to do Bastok for at least 2 more runs. I think we're getting the hang of it, and as long as everyone shows up next week, I feel like we'll get quite a bit of the zone cleared. After that, it's up to all of you guys, but I think Jeuno may be our 2nd best choice as far as being easy, followed by Sandy after that. Once we get used to doing dyna as a group, and adjusting to doing it in a low-man situation, I really don't think changing the zones will be that much of a difference. Just the matter of learning the pulls and dealing w/ a few of the wrinkles w/ different mob types.

Sorry for such a long post guys, I started out just wanting to type out drops/gil. But I really wanted to get your guys thoughts/opinions on everything to see if we're all on the same page, or if there were some different ideas out there. I know we're always on vent together, but sometimes it gets a bit tough w/ everyone always talking. Anyways, let me know what you're all thinking. Any ideas, suggestions, or opinions are welcome and wanted.

Last edited by Dalamarthedark on 23/11/09, 12:27 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rifterstrag

Rifterstrag

PostSubject: Re: Dynamis Bastok -- 11/13/09   Dynamis Bastok -- 11/13/09 Empty15/11/09, 02:55 pm

between option 1 and 2 for me maybe bring a couple more people from "our" group i know GB said he wouldnt mind bringing tito but he just needs access and i have no problem with getting him that... i honestly dont want this to roll out to be something big just wanna keep it with our group and keep it fun...
Back to top Go down
starwarsguru

starwarsguru

PostSubject: Re: Dynamis Bastok -- 11/13/09   Dynamis Bastok -- 11/13/09 Empty15/11/09, 09:53 pm

I had a blast @ dynamis. I was bored with paladin, but if we keep doing dynamis runs, count me in as a paladin. Definitely had a great time. I had gotten 1 of the other drops...since i cant do pics, it was the dragoon legs: Wyrm Brais. As long as jocelyn is @ work, count me in for all the runs. Thanks for a great time and let's continue keeping it fun and friendly!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dynamis Bastok -- 11/13/09   Dynamis Bastok -- 11/13/09 Empty18/11/09, 03:27 pm

I had a blast!!!!!!

I'll get to work making a section in the fourms in a little bit =)
Back to top Go down
Boosh

Boosh

PostSubject: Re: Dynamis Bastok -- 11/13/09   Dynamis Bastok -- 11/13/09 Empty20/11/09, 12:19 pm

Thanks again Dala for putting this all together!

As far as the "bank" thing goes, whatever is easiest for you. I know myself and everyone else trusts you with it and no one is worried about getting shorted. I like the idea of pooling the small ones together, but if it is too much work, then just pay it out.

I also like the between 1 and 2 option. Having this turn into something huge could mean that at some point there will be major drama, you will get pissed and we'll have to scrap the idea. Lets keep it fun for now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dynamis Bastok -- 11/13/09   Dynamis Bastok -- 11/13/09 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dynamis Bastok -- 11/13/09
Page 1 of 1